Originally called Banana-Bread but I still don’t know exactly why – maybe because of the loaf pan it’s baked in. Let me know if you know the real reason. I would be very interested to know.
What you need:
- 250g wheat or whole-grain spelt flour
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pouch Vanilla sugar
- 150g soft butter
- 125g refined or brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 125 ml milk
- 250g ripe Banana (2-3 pieces depending on size)
- Powder sugar to decorate
How to do it:
Actually you should decide to bake Banana- Bread with really ripe bananas, almost at the point of going bad, their sweetness will give flavour to your pastry.
- Pre-heat the oven at 180° C/ 356°F
- Mix flour, baking soda, salt and Vanilla sugar. Beat sugar & butter until foamy (use a mixer), add eggs. Bit by bit start adding milk & the flour mix.
- Crumple the bananas & mix them with the rest of ingredients. Fill the mix into a buttered loaf pan & backe for 45-50 Minutes.
- Remove Banana bread from the baking tray and let it cool before serving. Dust with powder sugar.
If you want to do it even more nourishing, you can add chunked walnuts to it. I didn’t decide if it is a dessert or not but it is a very good traveling fare no matter if hiking in Alps or flying to Menorca for breakfast or to snack on something.
It’s delightful, darling! – no matter how or where you decide to savour it!